Sunday, November 27, 2011

Nilbert Schneider

Nilbert Schneider

10/27/1939

One day started out the same as any other day. I looked to my side where my beautiful wife slept. I got out of bed and kissed her on the cheek as I headed for the kitchen to make my usual sandwich and my vitamin drink for the morning. There I saw my two children Norbert and Fiona eating their breakfast that their grandma laid out for them as they got ready for school. As I was making my breakfast, the children asked me who Hitler was. I responded “He is a bad man who needs to be stopped.” “So why don’t you do anything to stop him.” The children asked. “I don’t think there is anything that I can do, I’m only one person what can I do?” I responded. “How am I supposed to know what to do, I’m only a child!” And so we talked for another hour until we both realized that we were late to work and school. I actually don’t care that I’m late, I hate my job as a substitute teacher anyway. All the kids always take advantage of it and it annoys me when they try to be smart about it. As I was approaching school I realized that my first class was at 10:30 and it was only 9 o’clock so I got up for no reason. So since I was already there I dropped the kids off and waved goodbye. Then, angered I returned home and rested for another half hour due to the lack of sleep I had yesterday because of the wedding of my sister and her husband in Italy. So after a regular day of substituting I saw a train go by filled with approximately 200 children with sad faces on each person. As I saw it I couldn't help but think what was happening and where they were being taken and why. I decided not to think about it and just let it go. Then I saw it again two days later and I never saw it again to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment